All incidents must be reported to Insurance and Risk Management within 24 hours including but not limited to incidents of a non-serious nature (first-aid only), injury, illness and property damage or loss.
Certificate of Insurance
Requests to Evidence GSU Insurance Coverage
Participants of University-sponsored activities or events are often required to provide the host venue or sponsoring organization with a certificate of insurance to evidence coverage. Please use the following form to request GSU coverage:
Fine Arts Coverage
Use this form below to request coverage for art exhibits. This will cover works of art for faculty, staff, and students.
Auto Accident Reporting
University Owned Vehicles and Rentals through Statewide Contract
All GSU-owned and leased vehicles are covered under the State of GA’s vehicle insurance program. Click here to view Georgia State University Policy On Driving for University Business and University Vehicle Guidelines. Click here to view Georgia Hands-Free Law FAQs. Click here to view Driver Safety Tips.
Please follow the instructions below when involved in an accident involving a GSU owned vehicle or a vehicle rented through the statewide contract:
- Dial 911 if emergency medical care is needed
- Contact the local police department from the scene to obtain a police report
- Do not admit fault
- Complete the Auto Accident Reporting Form located in the glove box of the University vehicle. Also, report all accidents immediately to your Supervisor. Always use the Auto Accident Report Form to record the particulars of the accident.
- Report the accident to NetClaims by dialing 877-656-7475 and provide information from the Auto Accident Report Form:
- Georgia State University’s agent number: 7206 (also located on the Auto Accident Report Form)
- Obtain names and addresses of witnesses
- Submit the completed Auto Accident Report Form within 24 hours to Insurance & Risk Management.
Personal Vehicles Driven on GSU business
Personal vehicles used for GSU business should have a copy of the State Liability Insurance Card in the car. The State only provides auto liability coverage when you cause damage to another’s vehicle or property while on GSU business. The State does not cover physical damages to personal vehicles. Report the accident to your auto insurance carrier.
Click here to view State of Georgia Government Vehicle Liability Insurance Identification Card
Transient State Property (Off-Campus Equipment Use)
Removing GSU Property
Whenever University-owned property is removed from campus, please complete the mandatory off-campus equipment use form and submit to Insurance & Risk Management and Accounting. This form expires on August 31st and MUST be completed and approved annually.
Property Damage Report
All property damages of University-owned property (including, but not limited to buildings, contents, personal transportation vehicles, golf carts, all-terrain vehicles & riding lawn mowers) must be reported to the Department of Insurance & Risk Management within 24 hours. Please complete the Property Damage Report in detail (below).